Nicole's Tlaquepaque Wedding

Wow does time fly. I met with this adorable couple in August 2008 for their June 19 wedding in Tlaquepaque. They were both so creative and knew what they wanted. Brides favorite flower on top done with a pink center to match their colors. Groom love for blackberries created the side accents. They both loved a smooth buttercream finish. They were having a very intimate Sedona wedding so the cake was designed to have a single handmade sugar flower on top with blackberry accents on sides of cake.


We time flies and before they knew it their intimate wedding grew and grew. Since the cake was ordered in August 08 ten months before the wedding it slipped everyone mind that the cake was to small. Then the week of wedding it hit them. The cake ordered would not come even close to serve their guests. So the called the week of wedding and Sedona Sweet Arts quickly pulled a larger cake with similar ideas together. The Bride and I had spoken a few times on the ideas that may work well.
Quickly Dana & I brain stormed. I had already made her sugar flower. Now I had to create something else as one flower alone would not be look good for this size cake. Dana suggested me to made quite a few of them that could be clustered on the top. I wasn't sure I could make these were a cluster would work. Since I had only two days to pull it together I came back that night and created these beauties. I made green sugar leaves which I used to tie the sugar flowers and berries together. The cake ended up being one of my favorites. The cake is simple and reflects the love of a wonderful couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment