Member's Profile: C A D Y B R I A R

Meet Sara, her shop CadyBriar a line of custom clutches and accessories. All of the items in her shop are made to order, therefore you can add/remove elements from different styles to create the ideal purse for your event.



Tell us a little about yourself
I  live and work in downtown San Diego.  I have a great little studio in the art and design district where each one of my pieces is designed, created and shipped from.  I’ve been sewing since my grandmother bought me my first sewing kit when I was in elementary school and really haven’t stopped since.  I went to school for Fashion Merchandising and never dreamed that I would be selling my own collection and making a living out of it.



Apart from creating things, what do you do?
When I am not at my studio you will find me outside running in the beautiful southern California weather training for a half marathon (about to run my 4th).  I am also obsessed with hot yoga, I can’t get enough!  A typical night at home is sipping wine with my roommates and listening to music. 


What's your favorite item in your shop?
I wouldn’t say I have a favorite item in my shop (although my ostrich feather clutches are my pride and joy).  I really love working on custom pieces for my brides.  It is easy to become stuck in a routine so I love rising to the challenge of creating something new and knowing that you’ve exceeded the clients expectations is so rewarding.



How did the first one come about?
This goes back a long way!  I remember buying clutches and examining them to see how they were constructed.  One day I just decided to make my own and I just kept making them.  (those pieces are tucked way back in my closet for no one to see!) My first Etsy shop was not bridal at all, I started to get requests for bridal clutches and realized that this is who I should be targeting.



From Etsy Wedding Divas

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I have some many things I would like to accomplish in the next five years.  Some immediate goals are to create a second line that is focused more on every day use that will be sold to fashion boutiques.  I would also like to expand my wholesale business for my bridal line.  I would like to transition from custom pieces to primarily wholesale.   My plans are constantly changing so stay tuned!  


Like what you see?
More of CadyBriar's work at www.cadybriar.etsy.com. Her blog



:: Please mention our blog if you find this blog post interesting. Blog responsibly ::

No comments:

Post a Comment